Yesterday on the Boys B-day I decided to get re-domesticated... Remember the mountains of cupcakes I cooked-up for my dear Grandpa? They worked out OK so I decided to give baking another go and cook my man a big fat cake.
Raspberry and Mascapone Sponge Cake
This is NOT my recipe, It's Delia's. I made it years ago with my girl Jose for a friends Birthday but never got to taste it as at the time I was non-dairy (Boresville).
Sponge · 60z Self-Raising Flour · 60z Caster Sugar · 60z Butter · 3 Large Eggs · 1 Rounded Tsp of Baking Powder · 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
Filling · 80z Raspberries · 3-4 Tsps of Raspberry Jam · 250g Mascapone · 200ml of Fromage Frais · 1 level tsp Caster Sugar · 1tsp of Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Lightly grease tin and line with silicone paper (8 inch by 4cm deep rounded baking tin).
- Spoon out mixture into tin.
- Et Voila! Put the mixture in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
With the sponge in the oven, it's time to start making the Mascapone mixture for a delish centre:
- Combine Macapone, Fromage Frais, add Sugar and Vanilla Essence.
So simple! Voici le mixture and all the fun bits that will be going in my cakes middle:
- After the cake has baked, remove from oven and let it cool...
- Slice in two
- Spread Raspberry Jam on top and bottom of sliced sponge.
- Add and spread mixture.
- Arrange Raspberries on top of mixture.
- Carefully place the top on and dust on some Icing Sugar. (Me and Dad... Cute)
- Et voila! Cake is fini!
Bon Appétit xoxo