Cruella De Vil
Cruella De Vil
If she doesn't scare you
No evil thing will
To see her is to
Take a sudden chill
Cruella, Cruella De Vil
Oh la la, starting off 2012 on a creepy note, dressed as Madame Psycho doggie harmer. A last minute invite to a New Year Party avec un dress code: Fancy Dress.
When it comes to getting dressed up all fancy, I prefer to use what i've got. This allows me to get creative and stay cheap. Girl can't invest in a hire job or purchase. No, non, no.
My first reaction was to go as a leopard. Simple; leopard leggings, leopard top, leopard nails and some creative face painting. Discussing this over lunch with some friends, one girl suggested Cruella due to my Dalmatian print jacket, another mentions a cigarette holder and long gloves that she has (elegantly) lying around et voila De Vil it was.
Get the De Vil Look:
- A Fur coat, if you don't have dalmatian you can use any fur, think; before the slaughter.
- Long gloves, she wore red - I wore black, minor deets.
- Cruella dresses in a long black figure hugging dress. I didn't have a long BD so wore a black jump suit (?) instead, which is kindly lined to provide a more hour-glass shape. A modern day take.
- Heels, I went with my fave blue suede heels, because they suited the outfit best... Black or red may have been a better match but the blue worked.
- Makeup: Red lips, falsie lashes and loads of black winged eye make-up.
- Hair: I bought some white hair spray (£2.99) and covered one side of my locks, the sprayed area became very heavy and pretty much stuck to my head. I backcombed the other side and twisted it up... It worked out well as there was an obvious unbalanced look, perfect for this type of character.
- Accessories: Cigarette Holder and Faux-Fag (50p). I used one of those ciggies you get from fancy dress/joke shops, you blow in and a puff of smoke blows out.
- Attitude: Terrible. Rolling and scornful eyes, pursed lips mixed with nonchalance.
"I could kill you if I wanted but you're not worth it... Fool."
Hope you all had a fun and fab New Year... Sending best wishes xoxo
... and kisses xoxo