Lexi has such a great eye for all things pretty, her blog is an aesthetic delight... A fab layout with content to match. I have been enjoying Glitter and Pearls for a while now, I really love her I made you a Mixtape posts (wish I'd come of with that one myself... Cough) and I think she has AMAZE taste, she shares pretty images of an assortment of inspirations, whether it's clothes or interiors, jewelery or whatever, I think:
- I want that
- I want to be there
- That is cool
If I ever had the opportunity to visit Lexi I would imagine a beautiful space with a hostess to match. "Would you care for some coffee Anne?", "I baked these earlier", "Oh those? I made them myself." Intelligent, pretty, funny and on the pulse... My type of girl.
1. Where do you currently live (City)? Who do you share your home with?
I live in Miami, Florida with my husband and puppy (though she’s not a puppy anymore, really.)
2. Where would be your dream place to live?
Part of me would love to live in NYC, but I know I’d miss my closet space and big kitchen (I love to cook!). I also think it would be fabulous to live abroad for a few years – maybe London or Paris (if I had an unlimited bank account, of course!) My husband I will move in two years so that he can start residency, and I’m terrified of temperatures below 5o degrees (born and raised in Miami where we break out the coats at 68 degrees!), so that may be tricky!
3. What made you decide to start blogging?
I was always a writer, graduated with an English degree, and realized getting a job in Jane Austen studies was going to be tough … so, I went to law school. As law school wore on, I missed writing. My blog came from that need to express myself and to get back into writing. Glitter and Pearls became my baby – seriously, I tear up just talking about her (okay, maybe it’s not that bad.) I also recently started a Weddings + Events blog: Glitter Weddings, because I like to pretend I’m the new Martha Stewart -- Tori Spelling.
4. So, you recently got married, can you share a pic and tell us how long it took you to plan your wedding?
Mike is actually my high school sweetheart – we started dating when I was 16! My mom, sister, and I planned my wedding for about a year (though the planning ramped up considerably about 6 months before the big day.)
5. Talking weddings, what would be your idea of wedding hell... Not as in groom not showing up but more venue or dress etc...
Our ceremony was outside, so I knew not to stress over rain/snow (it was in Maine at the end of October), because sh*t happens (good mantra). I’m a fashion junkie, so I probably would have freaked if anything went wrong with my dress or shoes. The dress was Oscar de la Renta, the shoes – Alexander Wang; a.k.a., all couture, all pristine, all stress-inducing if the tiniest fashion mishap were to happen.
6. What are your top 3 makeup most haves?
Powder, blush, mascara (anything to make me look less pale)
7. Biggest fashion faux-pas?
Oh gosh, I could go on and on, but I really hate tights worn as pants, gauchos, ponchos, and scrunchies
Satirical Style Questions:
8. If you could be a fly on any wall at any time (history, now...) where would it be?
Elizabethan England. I’m a history fanatic and I studied abroad at Cambridge for a summer in college and learned all about Elizabeth and her court – I could read books about her all day, every day.
9. What would you change about your appearance?
I hate my knees. I know that’s insane, but they’re awful. Just awful.
10. What really p*sses you off? (such as people who cough without covering their mouths, obnoxious types etc…)
It drives me crazy when people talk loudly on their cell phone, and worse – on their earpiece – in a quiet place. I always think they’re talking (loudly) to themselves. I also hate when women do their makeup while driving. I’m a surprisingly good driver (parking’s another story), and I hate that they give us good female drivers a bad name.
11. Let's just say this isn't your first time here on earth and you have been reincarnated as your gorgeous self. Who/what were you in the previous life?
Nefertiti – that would be totally cool.
12. What is your zodiak sign and do you feel connected with it?
Virgo, and I’m iffy on it. I am super Type-A, but I’m just not into all that. I think the lawyer in me questions everything, and I struggle to believe everyone born in September is just like me. I’m just too weird.
13. Do you have any phobias? Explain what happens when you come face to face with it?
Anything small that crawls. Ew. I’m freaked out just typing this.
14. I always enjoy your "I made you a mix tape" posts. Say you could only listen to one very short mix tape from here on in; 4 tracks only... What would you pick?
Oh my gosh, that’s SO hard, but here goes: I’m Alright – Stereophonics, Pardon Me – Incubus, Add it Up – Andrew Belle, Jazzybelle – Outkast (haha, but this list will probably change tomorrow, and the next day)
15. Can you share something personal/ a fact or the like about you that not many people know...
I love trashy television that high-brow friends make fun of me for. Also, I had cancer last year. Somehow I managed to get myself the “best kind of cancer possible”, whatever that means, and I’m feeling great! I rocked Juicy Couture tube socks through both surgeries – always keep your bling on!
Ah man how much do you love Lexi?! Hope you enjoyed getting to know this sweet-girl be sure to check out Glitter and Pearls. Oh and if you're looking for getting hitched inspiration you MUST check out Glitter Weddings, serious prettiness. An interview avec moi should be popping up today on her site so have a butchers. Sending love and kisses xoxo